WILHELM CONRAD RONTGEN
Born On: 27th March 1845.
Died On: 10th February 1923.
Wilhelm Rontgen born in Lennes, Germany. His father is a farmer and his mother is a homemaker. He studied in Holand.
He did Ph.D. at Zurich University, Switzerland. After his Ph.D. he joined as a Physics professor at Fritzberg University. While working in this university he accidentally identified X-rays. For this discovery, he got Noble prize in the year 1901. He the first Physicist who got Noble Prize in Physics.
Very high-frequency electromagnetic radiation (more frequency than UV rays)
Applications of X - rays:
X - rays are having plenty of uses/applications. Those are
- To identify flaws in the heavy machines.
- To identify the uniform thickness of metal sheets, tennis balls, etc.
- Using to remove the stones in the kidneys.
- Using in cancer treatment.
- To identify the structure of the crystals.
- A useful tool in crystallography research.
- Using X - rays in security systems at airports.